1926 Onwards and the New Block

It was indeed the New Block in 1926!

The library later moved into the original main school room in the main building.

The main entrance to the New Block until in 1979 new buildings connected it with the main building.

The same top left window and the large radiator G.Moss recognises as being later in 1978 the 2X form room of Mr Howard Paynter, also French teacher.

It hosted the first library, a modest room on the 2nd floor, nearest London Road. Even in 1977, though the library had moved, it still held the name of New Block, whilst buildings more befitting this name were under construction around it.